The fun part about starting a lifestyle blog really comes down to what you want to blog about. You have so many different options available to you. You can choose from starting a blog around a particular interest, such as cars or rock climbing, or you can start a blog around any topic you like. You have the ability to start whatever you want to at first, and as you build a readership for your blog you will be able to branch out into other interests and subjects. Here are some simple ways to get started with a blog that will help you get your readers in the habit of visiting your blog on a regular basis:
Lifestyle Blog Tips
- Theme A: There are hundreds of free WordPress themes available that offer you several styling options with a lot of visual appeal. One of the most popular elements of lifestyle blogs is to use premium themes. Premium themes provide you with a clean, streamlined look that is perfect for starting a blog that will draw a lot of attention to your site.
- Theme B: Choose the right way to register your domain. There are two ways to go about this. First, you can either go with the automatic registration process offered by a domain registrar like GoDaddy or Namecheap. Second, you can build a website yourself to save time and money. If you want to take on the latter option, consider doing it yourself because it is a lot less expensive.
- Niche Affiliate Links: There are thousands of products and services out there that can be used as an affiliate link. There are many plugins available for WordPress that allow you to display a list of affiliate products or services on your blog without any effort. Some of these plugins include WP-O-Matic, WP-SHASP, WP-PNB, and WP-Awards. The best part about using affiliate links in your blog posts is that there are no limits on how many you can post or how often.
- Essential Plugins: Most lifestyle blogs include a few standard plugins to help you streamline the editing process. The most popular plugins include WP Cross Pages, WP Insomnia, and WP Auto Player. Most of these plugins are optional but essential for creating a great looking blog.
- Efficient List Building: As a general rule, the longer you make your blog posts, the better the chances that someone will read them. The easiest way to build a huge mailing list for your niche blogs is to simply send each entry to your list once per week. You can also increase the frequency of blog posts by setting a minimum number of words between each one. For starting a lifestyle blog in a tight niche, it’s not necessary to send out every entry all at once, but it’s definitely a good idea to keep your blog traffic flowing.
- Useful Tip: Starting a blogging platform from scratch isn’t always easy. Some bloggers get so wrapped up in their online project that they overlook a few details. If you’re starting from scratch, take a minute to note and consider these suggestions.
- It’s easier to choose and install your own blogging platform if you already have a website, but if you’re starting from scratch, it can be a bit overwhelming. Fortunately, there are plenty of excellent free blogging platforms available on the internet. Once you’re set up with your new blogging site, you’ll need to find a web resource to help you maintain your blogs. It would be helpful to review some of the tips we’ve mentioned above.
Starting a lifestyle blog can be fun and exciting, but if you want it to be successful, you’ll need to start thinking about hosting. A blogging platform doesn’t have any bearing on the type of hosting you select, so feel free to try several free hosting options. For those just starting out and who don’t yet have a website, it’s recommended that you select a basic WordPress blog theme, with either private domains or an unlimited free domain name. With a WordPress blog theme, you’ll have a much easier time getting started, and can focus on learning how to optimize your online project instead of worrying about the technical details of hosting.
Another useful tip for starting a blog is to research the target audience of your niche. Some bloggers, when they first start out, go into niche blogs with absolutely no knowledge of what their readers will be interested in. As your target audience gets more familiar with your writing style and interests, you can start delving into more targeted niches. The more specific you get as you start to write about your niche, the easier it will be to find readers and build relationships with them.
One last thing that can help you get off to a good start when starting a blog is joining multiple social networking sites and interacting within them. A great way to get your blog noticed in the quickest amount of time is to find interesting topics that others are commenting on or leaving comments on, then interact within the communities by posting thoughtful responses to questions and sharing links to interesting content that you’ve found online. In this way, not only will you get more traffic to your blog, but you’ll also build strong connections with other bloggers in your niche. Start networking, and soon you too will be blogging for cash!